Starting a new business can be scary no matter who you are, but an online business presents an opportunity for anyone to launch a new career with much less risk than traditional brick and mortar stores.
By eliminating the storefront, you can save your business a tremendous amount of start-up costs and monthly expenses. In fact, modern software makes it easy and inexpensive for anyone to build a website with only the web browser you’re using right now. If you have a marketable skill and are reading this article then you already have everything you need to get your online business started!
Sometimes the only thing holding you back is coming up with the right idea. If that’s the case, then we have some suggestions to help get your creativity going.
- Resume’ and cover letter writing – Having a polished resume’ can be the difference between getting a job interview and heading back to the unemployment line. For many of us, putting our accomplishments in writing is uncomfortable and feels like bragging. Hire yourself out to make standout resumes for job seekers! You’ll earn money while taking some of the stress out of job hunting for your clients and let them focus on the interviews.
- Specialty retailer – E-commerce websites are more affordable than ever and allow you to sell to people around the globe. With the world at your fingertips your options open up with things you can sell online, so let your imagination roam. Whether it’s a hand-made bird house or crocheted potholders, if you can make it there’s likely someone somewhere that wants to buy it online.
- Virtual assistant – This is becoming a more and more popular career choice for those with administrative experience because it lets you work from home and set your own hours while putting your professional skills to work. Get paid to perform administrative and secretarial duties for one or more business professionals in the comfort of your own home. Check with attorneys, medical professionals, real estate agencies and other businesses in your area or online.
- Social media consultant – It’s imperative for today’s businesses to maintain active profiles on social media in order to stay competitive, but not all business owners are comfortable doing it themselves. Lend your expertise to businesses by managing their social media profiles or providing social media marketing strategies to businesses who want to do it themselves but don’t know how.
- Professional freelancer – Many businesses are turning to temporary employees to handle jobs that used to be filled with full-time employees. Put your skills to work as a freelancer or consultant and take charge of your own career!
Online businesses can be a great idea whether you’re looking for a new full-time career or just something part-time to earn a little extra income. These are just a few online business ideas but the possibilities are endless! Share your online business ideas with us on Facebook or Twitter!